Is this program for you?
You are an experienced corporate professional. After performing roles successfully, if you are now considering to
add coaching to your toolkit, this program is for you. You are likely to explore a few resources on coaching and will discover that coaching is about listening and asking questions, keeping confidentiality, raising the awareness in a conversation and if you are wondering “how do I go about doing all of this”, this program is for you.
Workplace coaching is unique in its systems approach and is results-driven, future-focused, data-based, and action-oriented. You can effectively coach individuals and teams and enhance the organisational coaching culture.
Coaching promises to make you a better leader.
Your takeaways at the end of the program:
- Distinguish the need for coaching as against other learning interventions
- Acquire Competencies for being an Effective Coach at work.
- Establish a solid foundation to Plan & Initiate Coaching Conversations with individuals, groups and organisation teams.
- Transition to a Coach Mindset that judges less, helps more and makes you an effective leader.
- Account for Guaranteed & Measurable Coach Leadership growth reported by stakeholders.
- Manage coaching relationships more effectively.
- Identify ways coaching can be effectively applied in the organization.
- Set strategies to create a coaching culture.
Program Credentials & Progression
This Program awards “Certified Workplace Coach” ; 32 hours of Coach training certificate, based on ICF guidelines, on the successful completion of the program. To apply for ICF Coach credentialing process, the participants can sign up for further modules.
Desired Participant Profile
Workplace Professionals, Executives, Functional Managers, L&D and HR Professionals wanting to start Coaching at workplace.
- Each Participant is part of two structured peer coaching sessions (observational for others) focused on practical examples in the workplace.
- Written feedback for all practice sessions.
- Active listening & reflection activities.
- Coaching sessions around coaching effectiveness, feedback, goal setting, and creating a coaching culture.
- eCourseware; Access to Learning Resources
The Award and Certification in Workplace Coaching are designed for executives seeking to enhance their skills, knowledge and confidence to coach people as part of their working role.
Coaching has become an integral aspect of Next Generation leadership roles and is not restricted to HR domain.
The program commences with a self-assessment of ICF Core Coaching competencies and supports participants as they work towards getting better at these competencies.
This program addresses practical Coaching aspects of a workplace such as Time management and Prioritisation, Feedback vs. Feed forward, Interpersonal effectiveness, Communication, Work-life balance, Leadership presence, and so on for Just-In-Time learning. All Coaching concepts are practiced by participants as buddy coaches and in triads to get feedback from the mentor coach.
Many organisations are engaging Workplace Coaches to optimise organisational performance and engagement.
This course promises to enhance your leadership presence and practices at the workplace.
Benefits for organisations considering workplace coaching
- Increase the impact of experiential learning by facilitating Reflection & Action.
- Accelerate learning through role transitions.
- Develop a coaching culture for inclusive growth, learning agility and enhanced self-awareness.
- Support a significant increase in self- responsibilities.
- Retain key leadership talent.
- Improve individual or team performance.
- Align business strategy and talent needs
- Promote transformation, both at an individual and organisational level.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;